Sunday 9 March 2014

The Lego Movie





2 weeks ago, knowing I was coming down to London for a weekend, my brother called me up to know if I wanted to do something the night I came back. The last thing I expected him to suggest we do is go watch The Lego Movie.  I had heard good reviews about it so it wasn’t that I was surprised that he would like it, but I’d say my brother is a bit of a movie snob. What I didn’t expect was to be left in my seat bawling with tears of laughter.

From the get-go the movie is absolutely hilarious with its catchy intro tune, its sarcastic take on our everyday lives and the numerous geek references to other franchise. But besides the funny story line, the actual editing of the of the whole movie was incredible. Now, when we were younger, my brother and I used to often play to the 1997 PC game ‘Lego Island’. Everything about the movie brought back visuals of the game. The way the lego pieces were designed, how the lego pieces moved and jumped, everything. I try to convince a few of my friends to go watch the movie, however at the word “lego” they scoff and tell me I’m being silly. I would definitely suggest everyone go watch this movie, and not just in a ditch attempt to take the kids out. 

the tall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think