Saturday 5 July 2014

Let's Talk About 'The Fault in Our Stars'



The novel "The Fault in Our Stars" written by author John Green, was one of the recent literary fortunates to face on-screen adaptation. Being a reader of the novel itself, I felt the movie had a lot to live up to, particularly because it wasn't a sci-fi or fantasy novel so not too much could be done with the imagination. Even though 2 of my favourite scenes were cut from the movie, I still sat through the movie and honestly enjoyed all 2 hours it and I know every other girl (and hopefully their reluctant boyfriends) did too.

 Firstly, the casting of Shailene Woodely to play the main POVcharacter, Hazel Lancaster, was a fantastic choice. I did imagine her very like Shailene: her appearance, her mannerisms, everything! But I'd have to say the star of the film was Ansel Elgor. For me, he definitely nailed the part of Augustus. I don't really know what I expected from his character, but it was the little scenes, (SPOILER) such as the plane scene on the way to Amsterdam, that just made me love Augustus Waters so much more. So If you haven't seen it already, go ahead and watch the movie.

At least now you can avoid all the wails of female oestrogen working its way round the cinema.

the tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think