Saturday 13 September 2014

Fashion Week Round-up: New York

New York Fashion Week brought the start of a fantastic month for all fashion fanatics, with all the shows and the people attending it looking as gorgeous as usual. Here we summarise our absolute favourite looks inside and outside the showrooms. As Spring/Summer looks were being showcased, many of my favourites focus on feminine elegance with a touch of edge. 
(Images via style.com and wmagazine.com)
Carolina Herrera 
Starting off with Herrera, which included beautiful print and cropped features. 
 Versus Versace
Versace decided that this spring the edgier the better, turning away from typical spring colours in order to focus on the "less is more". 

 Cushnie et Ochs
This is the show that made me feel like a Goddess. Wearing any of the outfits would make me feel like an absolute show-stopper! 

Delpozo
Structure, structure, structure! Bold cuts and fairy like outfits from the Delpozo show would make us believe we were either a piece of modern art or a fairy floating through the woods (where are my wings?!)

Jonathan Simkhai 
What I liked the most about this was the simplicity of the colours but the details in every outfit. If I could fill my wardrobe with any of the above pieces, I would declare myself the happiest gal in the world.

 Jason Wu
Jason Wu took us back to the sleek looks of Spring, reminding us also that in London you still need a jacket at this time of year!

 Osklen
Looking at the Osklen's show was like looking into the wardrobe of many fashion bloggers I admire. Their low maintenance but quality style is exactly the kind of look I'm geared towards.

 Victoria Beckham 
Victoria Beckham decided to move away from (over) print and too much detail, showing us instead the greatness that comes from good tailoring.

Oscar de la Renta
Unsurprisingly, I was amazed at this show as the outfits that kept coming. Never failing the girlier side of me, the Oscar de la Renta show saw pretty colors, pretty lace, and pretty dresses. What more would you want from Spring?



David Tlale
Lastly, a show that wowed me from the use of prints and material was the David Tlale show. The South African designer gave a line that takes me back to the wonderful prints of Africa. Unfortunately, not many pictures of my favourite looks could be found on many of the websites that covered NYFW, but that's fine because I loved the whole show so much that I posted the full video.

Trends
Quickly covering the trends that I noticed, many designers decided the 'it' colours to use were white and blue. White more so was featured in almost all the shows making it the big colour for SS'15. Another feature was the use of monochrome colours either as block prints or stripes. Lastly I noticed the vast appearance of see-through skirts (let's hope we get our legs prepared for that one!)

Off the runway style was in full force which, made us all extremely grateful as we were able to come up with quite an extensive list but unfortunately it had to be cut down to 5.


 

All in all NYFW began as a wonderful start to fashion month and ended in great success. Eyes now on London!

the tall.


1 comment:

  1. Great photos and so much inspiration

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think